Hello everyone! To kick off December, I would like to introduce you to my Raffle winner! Support is the cornerstone of the blogging community. We rely on other bloggers to inspire us, help us along the way, and to pick us up when we are down.
Christina’s Book escapes is a great place to pop into if you are looking for something good to read! She gives easily digestible, straightforward, honest reviews of what she reads, staying away from spoilers, and adding her own personality in each post! I have been stalking around there looking for Holiday gift ideas since I think books are pretty much the best gift ever, and good for everyone on my list. If you are looking for a good read to gift for the holidays you really should go visit Christina’s Bookescapes and see what Christina’s read lately!
Meet the lovely Christina! She has taken a few moments to answer some questions to help us get to know a little more about her and her blog. I hope you enjoy learning a bit about this awesome lady! I know I did!
- Tell us a little about yourself and your blog.
My name is Christina and I am a working mum of 2 lovely children, an 11-year-old girl, and a 5-year-old boy. In my spare time *laughs hysterically at the term ‘free time’* I love to read, cook and follow up on the latest fashion trends.
- How long have you been blogging for?
I started my blog earlier this year because I wanted to write down my opinion on the books that I read. But, to be completely honest, I was completely lost. I had no idea how to write a proper review so my reviews were very short and let’s say to the point (still working hard on this and got a new book review coming up!). It was only recently when I discovered the awesome blogging community of Twitter that I actually realised how massive this whole blogging idea is. There are so many inspiring bloggers out there that, quite frankly, give you the push to want to do more!
- What is your advice to new bloggers?
I am very new to this myself but from the little experience I have and from advise I have been given from fellow bloggers here are a few tips that I have to offer:
– Practice – Words don’t come easy to everyone (myself included) so work on it and be patient; practice makes perfect.
– Make it look pretty – This is something I did not think was important but I have come to understand that it is. So, try to make your post look nice by adding pictures or gifs or bold fonts to capture your readers’ attention. Nice headings also help with attracting attention.
– Be yourself – I am guessing you created your blog because you thought it would be a fun way to get yourself out there and be heard. So be yourself, your blog and blog posts don’t have to be or look like everyone else’s and they don’t have to please everyone. As long as you like it and you are happy with the outcome (always respecting others of course).
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love everything about it! Well OK, almost everything 🙂
I love reading books very much so the whole process that is involved up until I get to the point that I am ready to publish that book review post is awesome! Deciding which book to read next, finishing the book and thinking what to write in my review and then formatting the blog post and its graphics; it’s all exciting.
I also love the interaction with the blogging community; it took me a while to discover it but I am so thankful that I did! The blogging people are so helpful and supportive; it came as such a surprise to me.
- What is your least favorite?
Apart from writing up the reviews for the books that I read, I must also write other blog posts so as to have some diversification on the blog. I am not one of those persons that have an abundance of ideas for blog posts so coming up with ideas is a nightmare for me! I am the absolute worst at it!!
- Do you ever struggle to come up with new content? What do you do about it?
Yes, yes I do! As I’ve also mentioned in the previous question a book review blog should not only be about book reviews. It should also have other content so as to have diversification and for people not to get bored 🙂 So far I have not really added any other content apart from book reviews, to be honest, and this is something that I am now working on.
So where do I get ideas from? Hmm…I try to read other blogs and see what might interest other readers as well and I also brainstorm with myself so as to come up with ideas from my own blogging experience, albeit a short one. Seasonal niches also help a lot for blog post ideas. Finally, as my brother often says to me ‘Google is your friend’ so I believe that research could also help a lot with finding new content to share on your blog. Sometimes I feel that my brain is thinking about blog post content all day long!
Wonderful answers with a lot of helpful information! What a lovely lady! You can find Christina at the following links! Book lovers, head on over and see what Christina has to say about her next read!
Thanks for reading!