I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award for the second time! Wow.
I just started ‘The Boozy Housewife’ on October 5th. The support and readership I have gained in less than a month working on this project is nothing short of unbelievable. These peer to peer awards and tags are really something. I can’t describe the feeling when people that do the same thing as you take time out to recognize what it is that you are adding to their community. It really is the best kind of high.
Here are her questions and my answers! Thank you so much for thinking of me Stephanie! You are one amazing lady!
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? I love the chance to be creative and share things I have learned with others.
- If you had one week to yourself to do whatever you wanted, no matter the cost, what would you do? I would rent a house on a beach somewhere, make sure I had everything I could possibly want for the week, and go there. Sip cocktails by the water, and start writing a book that I have been wanted to write. I think if I could just unplug somewhere relaxing and get it started, I could come home, renewed, and inspired and finish it.
- What is the biggest thing you’ve learned from your having your blog? That it doesn’t matter what you have to say, as long as you say it people will want to read it. At first, I was worried that I would need to have a hook in every post. Now I just post about whatever comes to me. It’s liberating.
- What is your favorite season and why? Autumn. Without a doubt. There is no greater evidence of the wonderful things that we get from Mother Earth than in the Fall. It’s miraculous.
- How do you balance running a blog and having a life? Fortunately for me, I don’t have a super hectic life. It’s just me and the husband, so I have plenty of extra time to blog.
- In what ways do you practice self-care? I’m pretty low maintenance. I don’t get all prettied up every day. My biggest thing is that I am comfortable. I shower, moisturize, and let my surroundings do the rest. Don’t get me wrong, I love to get all made up, but as an everyday ritual, my self-care is more centered around environment. I always have to have something going that smells pretty. Candles, incense, whatever. I like warm lighting and will spend stupid amounts of money on amber bulbs for the lamps in my home. The way I feel mentally really has very little to do with what I see in the mirror most days.
- Where do you find your inspiration to write meaningful content? I look to my own life to find things that matter to others. I have been fortunate in my life to have done some awesome things for work, and I have had other experiences that have put me in a unique position to empathize with people, and offer insight. I just take that and run with it.
- Are there any other bloggers that inspire you? Oh yes. I have never encountered a group of humans with so much to tell, and so much strength to share. I couldn’t even begin to list them all here.
- What is your least favorite thing about blogging? That’s a tough thing for me to answer. At the moment, it is really liberating for me, and it is a good outlet, so there really isn’t anything I don’t like.
- Is there something you wish you’d have done differently when you started your blog? Well, I wish I could have named it ‘Whiskey in a Teacup’ but, Reese Witherspoon beat me to it. I also wish I would have just bought my domain right away because now that I am ready to, I am starting to stress about the transition.
- What is your favorite song and why? My favorite song is ‘Coastline Journey’ by Mishka. There are so many reasons I love it, I guess the main one being that you could take it as it’s meant in that it was written about the ocean, or you could take it as being written about a woman. Or you could just realize that one isn’t very different from the other. Maybe that wasn’t a coincidence.
Here are my nominations:
Here are my questions!
- Do you stick to a strict schedule with your blog or do you just kind of post whenever you feel like it?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What is your favorite comfort food?
- Who is your favorite visual artist?
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
- What is the last thing you do before going to bed at night?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- If you could give one piece of advice to everyone you met, what would it be?
- What is one that that can make you smile without fail, just by thinking of it?
- If you had a million dollars but could only make one purchase for yourself (no limits on spending) and had to give the rest to charity, what would you treat yourself with, and what charity would get the rest?
I can’t wait to read your posts! Much love!