Hello Loves! I am proud to announce that I have been nominated TWICE for the Liebster Award! Both of these nominations came within the span of a couple of weeks and let me tell you, I can’t tell you how honored I feel that these two wonderful bloggers thought of me! Thank you to Karen Bradshaw at The Mommy Lady, and Kathleen at Sweatpants and Topknots! Thank you, ladies! I will be answering both sets of questions in this post, as well as recording my own questions and nominations.
What Is The Liebster Award?
The Liebster Awards are an Australian internet-based initiative dating back to 2011. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetheart, darling, beloved or favorite. It’s a pay it forward concept where bloggers give other bloggers recognition and hopefully a little more exposure.
Liebster Award Rules
Once nominated a few rules need to be followed if the nomination is accepted. Post a blog on your website including the following information:
• Thank the blogger that nominated you and link to their blog.
• List the Liebster Award 2018 rules in your blog post.
• Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers that inspire you with great content and let them know.
• Answer the 11 questions set by your nominator and provide new creative questions for those you’ve nominated.
• Link to the original Liebster Award 2018 post tagged here.
• Comment on the original Liebster Award 2018 post with a link to your post.
- In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your initial plan of action?
I am no tactical genius, and I am not the most athletic person ever either, so if I am going to be honest here, I would probably find the nearest well-stocked bar, barricade myself in as well as possible, get really drunk, and hope for the best.
- If you could rewrite the ending to any book/movie, what would it be and how would you end it? If I could rewrite the ending to Serenity, Wash wouldn’t have died. That just gutted me.
- It’s groundhog day but you get to choose which day you relive over and over. What day would you choose? My wedding.
- What is the charity you back the most, what do they do and why are you behind them? No Kid Hungry. It is an initiative in the U.S. that provides meals to kids inside the U.S. that may not otherwise be able to eat regularly. They do this in many ways, one of which is to provide breakfasts to kids before school, free school meals, and many other ways.
- You have the chance to interview any Monarch past or present, who would it be and what three questions would you ask them? I would ask Elizabeth I what she thought of the progress that has been made as far as equality for women, as well as her input on movements like #metoo. She was a wonderful figure for female power, and I would love to hear what she would say about how far we have come.
- What has been the deepest lesson you have learned from your parents? My parents always told me that I could accomplish anything. I carry that with me and it helps me to overcome self-doubt, and gives me the courage to just go for anything that I feel I want to do.
- Which Shakespeare character do you most identify with? Titania
- In a world where you can stop time to benefit yourself and only you have this secret power, how would you use it? Also remember that when you stop time, you continue to age but those who are frozen in time, do not. I wouldn’t use this power. As a Pagan, I believe that it is unethical to use any sort of advantage like this for selfish gain if it would hurt others, the problem with a power like this if only one person has it, is that it would upset the natural order of things, without giving a choice to anyone else, therefore, it by definition would adversely affect other people without their consent or ability to disallow it, making it against the harm none rule.
- We tell our children that Santa really exists, then we tell them he doesn’t when they’re old enough to know. But what if he did, in fact exist? What are you talking about?! Santa totally exists! Really though, I was never told he didn’t. I eventually came to that conclusion on my own, and it was a really natural progression without disappointment. If he DID in fact exist, well, that would be a really neat thing wouldn’t it?
- Think of a place that you’ve never thought about visiting, can you think of reasons to go there and change your mind? There are many places I have never given thought to visiting, however, I don’t feel like I am actually against visiting anywhere. I am an adventurous sort of person, so I would never need to convince myself to change my mind in order to visit somewhere new.
- You are given three days to live, your top bucket list item would take four days to complete, but at least you’d be partially able to experience it. Your soulmates top bucket list item will take three days to complete, but it’s something you have never had any interest in but will make their last days with you meaningful to them. Which activity do you do? I do their thing. My thing is his happiness.
Great Karen! Thank you so much for thinking of me!
Now for Kathleen’s questions!
- You’re at the movies: Cherry or Coke slush? Cherry!
- Would you pay extra for guacamole? No way
- What is your number one goal with your blog? To share stuff with the world, and outlet my creativity.
- What is your favorite post on your blog? That is a hard one. Probably the post I did about my mother.
- Hot or Iced coffee? Hot!
- What one possession could you not live without? Why? Paintbrushes. Because no matter what projects I undertake, or what direction my life goes in, painting will always be my first passion.
- Do you have a favorite place to sit and work on your blog? My desk is set up in my living room. It is my favorite place in my home. I do not use mobile devices for social media or blogging, unless I am out of town, it is my way of making sure that I don’t get sucked in when I have other things to do. If I am not at my desk, I am doing other things.
- Favorite dessert, and why? Creme Brulee. Because…It’s Creme Brulee.
- What’s your favorite season? Autumn
- What’s your favorite 80s movie? Pretty in Pink
- One accomplishment that you’re proud of with your blog so far? I’m just happy people read the thing!
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees!
- If you could wake up inside any famous painting, what painting would it be, and what would you be doing?
- If you could replace any boy-band in history with Alex and his Droogs from ‘A Clockwork Orange’, what band would you replace?
- If you could sit down with David Bowie, Hunter S. Thompson, Richard Nixon, Albert Einstein, and the Dali Lama, what do you think the conversation would be about?
- If you were a color, what color would you be and why?
- If you were only allowed to write 1 million words in your lifetime, and you were down to your last 1500, what would your last piece be about and why?
- Would you rather be rich and confined to your country, or poor and free to travel the world? Why?
- Would you rather make laws or enforce them?
- What is your worst habit?
- What is your best strength?
- Cake or Death?
- If you had to change your name, what would you change it to and why?
My nominees are:
Joan Natasha Sunny Larue Gina Christina
8 thoughts on “Liebster Award”
Absolutely fantastic answers
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awesome!! I love all of your answers! ☺️ Super smart to only do social media/blogging from your laptop! I may have to take on that habit!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Since I implemented that rule, I get so much more done. I find it also helps me focus when I -do- work on social media or blogging, because I am in a spot that I associate with that type of work, so I don’t have any issues with outside distractions. Seems to work both ways.
Super awesome answers!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Why thank you! ❤
Hahah I loved your answers! The zombie apocalypse one is totally me. I day dream about being badass but if we’re being honest I’ll probably just hope for the best. Your answer to stopping time was interesting! It made me think about the morality of the situation and question what my answer would be. Lastly, your comment about your husbands happiness, and the question alone, made me tear up. Karen girl, WHERE DID YOU GET THESE QUESTIONS?! It truly says something about your love to spend your last few days in your significant others happiness. I really enjoyed this read, as I always do with your writing!
Rachel | http://www.myspottedblog.com
LikeLiked by 1 person
Aw!!! Thank you!! I had to stop and think about that question too. At first, I was like, man, I would age, but they wouldn’t? Lame. Then I was like, well shit, I can’t use that power anyway. YES! Everyone has to get old with me! Score!
LikeLiked by 1 person